A lot of the content on your online store is probably inside your shopping cart.
- Is yours an SEO friendly shopping cart?
- Does your shopping cart software allow you to take basic steps to optimize your content?
- Does your worry that you might slip in search engine results when you switch shopping carts have you stuck to a cart that isn’t working for you?
Shopping Cart Search Engine Optimization
You need to optimize your content for search engines. That much you know. When your product information as well as the pages, articles, and other content you use to educate customers are all inside your cart, you need to work within that system.
- Prevent duplicate content, because search engines will penalize you for it.
- Choose static URLs for your product and category pages.
- Include product names and search phrases in those URLs.
- Put your best call to action in your product description.
- And, always, always speak to your customer first.
Choose the Best SEO Settings for Your Shopping Cart
Not all shopping carts are equally optimized. Even those carts with SEO settings may have those settings turned off by default. The steps to optimization are fairly simple, even when time consuming, but you need to know what steps are most important if you want your store to attract organic search traffic.
I have optimized thousands of product pages within a variety of shopping carts. I know how best to protect the rank you have and boost your store closer to the rank you need to draw more traffic.
- If you are switching carts and evaluating which is the most SEO friendly shopping cart, I can help you evaluate your choices.
- If you like your current cart and need shopping cart optimization, I can you choose the best settings.
3Stream can help you with shopping cart SEO.
Already have your shopping cart optimized? Learn more how online writing differs from off-line.